Sweeny Community Hospital takes pride in its Physical Therapy Department, providing individualized care to each patient. As a new patient, you will be evaluated and a customized Plan of Care will be made to address your specific needs. Sweeny Community Hospital’s Physical Therapy Department prides itself in offering ONE ON ONE PATIENT CARE. We book a therapist with one patient at a time and the care you receive will ALWAYS be provided by a licensed Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant.
We are proud to offer Physical Therapy in the outpatient setting in both Sweeny and West Columbia.
The Wellness Center
505 North Main Street
Sweeny, TX 77480
Phone: (979) 548-4004
Fax: (979) 548-4005
In West Columbia:
Kittie Nash Groce Rehabilitation Center
301 Dance Drive
West Columbia, TX 77486
Phone: (979) 345-3168
Fax: (979) 345-7168
Whether recovering from an injury or surgery, managing pain, or transitioning home after a hospital stay, Outpatient Physical Therapy provides guidance and support to help return you to your prior physical function and activity level.
Services include Rehabilitation for:
- Joint Replacement Recovery Care
- Post surgical care to include hip, knee, ankle, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, back & neck procedures
- Outpatient Orthopedic/Sports Medicine
- Outpatient Neurological Rehabilitation to include after stroke care
- Fall Prevention
- Functional Mobility and Strengthening
- Gait & Balance Training
- Pain Management
- Patient Education
- Spine Care
- Manual Therapeutic Techniques
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Repetitive Stress Injury & Body Mechanics Education
- Modalities to include:
- Cervical/Lumbar Traction
- Electrical Stimulation
Outpatient Lymphedema Therapy:
Certified Lymphedema Therapists provide education and support to facilitate the patient to be able to independently manage their condition of lymphedema .
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Compression Bandaging & self-bandaging instruction
- Therapeutic Exercises
- Patient Education about education
A Physical Therapist can evaluate mobility and safety concerns during hospital stay to prepare for transition to previous level of function or another level of care.
- Inpatient acute care
- Swing bed